Jimmie Russell has worked at UIndy for 38 years in Facilities/Housekeeping. He’s responsible for delivery, setups and weekend housekeeping. The self-appointed mayor of his hometown, Boggstown, Ind., Jimmie is a fan of classic rock and spends his time restoring antique cars (a 1928 Model A, and a 1963 Ford Galaxie. We hope he invites us for a drive sometime!)
- Most rewarding part of the job:
“People you meet. Developed life-long friendships with many students and colleagues.”
- One part of the job people may not know:
“Operating the forklift and other machinery.”
- What do you do when you’re not working at UIndy?
“Gardening, collecting antiques (junk!!) I’ve restored antique tractors and old gas pumps.
- What song or movie title would describe your life?
“Ma & Pa Kettle Down on the Farm”
- What is the best vacation you ever took and why?
“Gulf Shores Alabama – ten days on the beach with my wife and kids. Lots of food!”
The world would be a better place if…
…people texted less and talked more.
…people had a UIndy education. It would be a smarter world!