Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Five things you didn’t know about Stacy McCormack

Stacy McCormack

Stacy McCormack is a physics and earth-space science instructor at the University of Indianapolis. She taught high school chemistry and physics for 12 years in Indiana before transitioning to become a college professor. McCormack taught at Indiana University and Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana prior to her role at UIndy.

1. Tell us a little about your background and areas of interest. 

“My hometown is Mishawaka, Ind. My undergraduate degree is in chemistry education from Indiana University (Bloomington) and my masters degree is in physics education from Ball State University. My research interests all revolve around physics education-best practices for teaching physics concepts, and development of preservice teachers in the physical sciences.”

2. What’s the most rewarding part of your job? 

“Helping students achieve the success they desire, and getting to know my students on a personal level.  I’m so fortunate to love what I do!”

3. What’s something people might be surprised to know about you?

“I was the 2011 Indiana State Teacher of the Year.”

4. What do you like to do in your free time?

“I love to travel, spend time spoiling my puppies Sophie and Angus, and watch way too many hours of HGTV. Also, I absolutely love trying new restaurants!  I’m a big fan of Taxman in Bargersville, Revery in Greenwood, and Fiesta Ranchera on Southport has the BEST Mexican food!!!”

5. Favorite TV show and why? 

“Of all time?  The Office.  It has the most awkward moments and hilarious sayings, and Steve Carell was so bad as Michael Scott you truly felt sorry for the other characters who worked for him on the show.  Every once in awhile Comedy Central will have an Office marathon, and I have a hard time getting ANY work done on those days.”