Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Department of Social Work announces scholarship recipients

Drone footage of the UIndy campus

The Phylis Lan Lin Department of Social Work at the University of Indianapolis recently announced eight scholarship recipients.

Four social work students received the Mildred Myers Reynolds Endowed Scholarship: Brittany Singh ’19 (MSW), Yessely Parra ’19 (MSW), Sarah Niemier ’20 (BSW) and Felicia Seals ’20 (BSW). Dr. Reynolds developed the scholarship to promote interest among social work students to work with the late adult population.

Four social work students received the Toni Peabody Scholarship. Funded by Toni Peabody and Richard King, this award was created to provide financial assistance for social work students enrolled in a practicum course. The recipients are: Bailey Bonebright ’19 (BSW), Haley Hawver ’20 (BSW), Meaghan Owens ’19 (BSW) and Felicia Seals ’20 (BSW).

Meaghan Owens ’19

Meaghan Owens ’19 said she was honored to be a recipient of the Toni Peabody Scholarship: “I have learned so much during these last four years working towards obtaining my BSW at UIndy, but one of the most important lessons I’ve learned is that people are here to support each other; and that includes supporting me! Receiving the Toni Peabody Scholarship is just another example of how I know that people want to see others succeed. With the help of this scholarship, I will be able to focus more on preparing for graduation and that takes an immense load of pressure off of me. I cannot express how thankful I am to the donors and their continual support and dedication to helping individuals like me succeed academically.”