Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Paul Arthur ’11 named OT department chair at USI

Paul Arthur

Paul Arthur, who earned master’s degrees in both occupational therapy and gerontology at UIndy in 2011, has been named chair of the department of occupational therapy at the University of Southern Indiana.

He began his new role as Assistant Professor & Chair Department of Occupational Therapy at the University of Southern Indiana, Evansville, on May 1, 2020. “UIndy is the first educational institution where I really felt at home,” he said. “My fondest memories and impressions of UIndy are related to this atmosphere and meaningful interactions with students, faculty, and staff.”

Arthur credited chair of the School of Occupational Therapy, Dr. Kate DeCleene-Huber, who served as his primary advisor in the SOT, for impressing the value of being involved in the local and national practice community. “This has been an exponential benefit that has greatly broadened my professional aptitude and prepared me for my current role,” he said. “The online MS in Gerontology program and Center for Aging & Community impressed upon me the value of interdisciplinary work and collaboration.”

Arthur added “I’m eternally fond and grateful for my experiences at UIndy and hope to visit campus again soon.”