Assistant professor in the Department of Global Languages and Cross-Cultural Studies Eduard Arriaga, and Katie Greenan, assistant professor in the Department of Communication, were recently interviewed by Zippia regarding Post-Pandemic Job Market Trends:
When the world came to a screeching halt in early 2020 we knew that the job market would go through significant changes. From the advent of Zoom interviews to the adoption of fully remote workplaces, finding a job looks significantly different now than it did ten months ago.
With that in mind, we set out to poll experts across industries and fields on how they see the job market changing. Specifically, we were interested in:
– The long term consequences, if any, of the pandemic
– The skills the job market would more highly prioritize in each industry
– The technologies that would arise
– The parts of the country with higher job availability
– How will salaries be impacted